How to Convert DVD to MP4
Do you wish to rip and convert DVD to MP4? Whether you are Windows or Mac user, it is possible for you to extract the movie contained in DVD disc and save to mp4 file. There are plenty of tools available that can do this, and you don’t need any other special skills. Having DVD collection can be a great thing, but we cannot stop the development of digital era and handheld devices. So why not digitally backup your worthy collection by converting it into MP4 and watch your love in MP4 anywhere, anytime?
Why Do You Need to Convert DVD to MP4?
In 1995, DVD was invented, and it had been a novel piece of entertainment carrier to the public. From the moment it emerges, shelves stocked with VHS tapes had nearly all been replaced by DVDs. DVDs offer a high storage capacity to store any kind of digital data and is widely used for software and other computer files as well as video programs watched using DVD players. However, it also has some defects that push many people to rip DVD into digital file (MP4 is preferred) and store it on multiple devices.
Here are some disadvantages of DVD disc and advantages of MP4 that will definitely convince you to convert DVD to MP4.
Disadvantages of DVD disc
- DVD is easily gets scratched and broken, no matter how hard we protect. If a disc is damaged, it will become unreadable. Some DVDs are too precious to throw away. Besides, the DVD is not cheap, so it is literally like throwing money away.
- DVD occupies much space of our room. Shelves chock-full of DVD discs now seem overly cumbersome, and it is obvious an unnecessarily waste of space for a better use.
- Copy protection and regional lockout causes DVD won’t play error.
- DVD playback requires DVD drive which resulted in many incompatibilities. Nowadays, more and more computers abandoned the DVD drive. Worse still, almost all handheld devices unable to play DVDs. So you cannot watch your beloved DVD movies wherever you want.
- Some DVDs will not allow you to skip adverts or disclaimers, and it cannot be customized.
Relievedly, all above defects can be circumvented after ripping DVD to MP4 file.
Advantages of MP4
- MP4 takes up less space than others as keeps high quality. It delivers smaller file size than other video formats and gives quality output close to the original DVD video quality.
- MP4 is easy to store and manage, and hard to be corrupted. You can save the digital MP4 copy to computer hard drive, external hard drive, USB, iPhone, Android, etc and convenient in management. Unlike fragile DVD discs, digital file like MP4 is difficult to be damaged during the regular use. If corrupted, it can be repaired in multiple ways.
- MP4 is compatible with almost all electronic devices and programs. To convert DVD to MP4, you can enjoy the DVD movie on your way with your iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android or other popular electronic devices such as Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab, game consoles as you like.
In addition, MP4 is accepted by many software (e.g. iTunes, iMovie) and web services (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo).
- The MP4 format is suitable for video streaming over the internet.
VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper – Best Tool to Convert DVD to MP4
There is a long list of conversion tools available. But if you refuse to compromise on the output quality and persevere in finding the best option to rip DVD to MP4, VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper is the right one for you. This professional program is a versatile video conversion toolbox that supports DVD/Blu-ray ripping, video conversion and editing. It facilitates to convert DVD to MP4 in super fast speed without any loss of video quality. Besides, its simple and easy to use interface helps to turn DVD into MP4 without any hassles.
Here is a short tutorial to show you how to rip and convert DVD to MP4 videos with this program. In addition to ripping DVD to MP4 on Windows, the program is also available for converting DVD to MP4 on Mac. I will take the steps on Windows PC as an example.
Step 1. Load DVD Disc to the DVD to MP4 Converter
Free download the tool from above-downloading button and install it on your computer. It has to be noted that the program has a free trial, after which you need to purchase a license for it.
Now insert your movie DVD disk into your optical drive and start the program. Click “Load Disc > Load DVD Disc” button to import the DVD files. You can also choose to rip DVD folder to MP4 or convert IFO to MP4. After a few seconds, all DVD titles will be listed and the main title will be automatically selected.
Step 2. Select MP4 as Output Format
Open the profile list by clicking the “Profile” drop-down button and choose the MP4 format from “General Video” category as output format. Alternatively, you can press “MP4” to the quick-search box to search the MP4 output format. In addition to MP4, DVD files can be converted to a number of other formats as well as devices, such as MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A, Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod/TV, Samsung/Sony/LG/Huawei smartphones/tablets or PS3/PS4 game console.
Note: You can tweak the parameter settings such as upping the bit rate, resolution, etc to achieve significant output quality or lowering these settings to get a fast speed on DVD to MP4 conversion. You need to know that a higher quality will leads to more time consuming and larger in size. But this tool helps to reach the best balance between quality, speed and size, even you only leave its default profile without adjusting.
Step 3. Edit DVD Files (Optional)
This is an optional step where you can personalize and edit the video before conversion. The editing options are present under the “Edit” panel. Click any one of the tabs to access detailed edit window. Here you can rotate the video, trim the video, cut the unwanted parts, add 3D mode or subtitles, and perform other functions. Once done, click “Apply” to confirm the changes.
Step 4. Select Output Folder
Click the “Browse” button at the bottom of the window, select a destination folder in the dialog box that opens for output files storage, and click OK.
Step 5. Start Converting DVD to MP4
When you are happy with all video profile settings, click “Convert” button to start ripping selected DVD chapters to mp4 video clips. The amount of time this step takes depends on your output settings, the speed of your computer, and size of the DVD.
Once the process is complete, you can drop MP4 videos to your portable devices for on-the-go viewing, or share them with your friends online, even just backup them on computer hard drive.
If you have a lot of DVD movies and want to convert it to MP4 or other formats, VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper is the best option. The superior operational performance, attention to detail and uncompromising commitment to quality have made it a reliable program in the DVD converter market. Free download VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper and enjoy your DVD entertainment now!
VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper